Pricing Your Home Correctly ... from the very start!

I was out showing Real Estate today and one of the houses on the list had been on the market for 644 days!

644 Days!?!   That would place this house back to the days when Real Estate was moving at a quicker pace and at pretty good prices.

The original Asking Price revealed that, indeed, this home had tried to sell when prices were higher, for the original Asking Price was $660,000 ... a not-so-far-out-there price for Southern California during that time!

Today while showing this property, however, the asking price is $499,000 ... a $161,000 difference!

I remarked to the Buyer who I was with, that this is the problem when Sellers try to get "a little too much money" for their homes, at the start.   Some Sellers state to me, "Well, I want to see if I can get this price;  I can always drop the price if I don't get what I want."  But what Sellers do not realize is that setting their price too high at the start of their advertising, actually hurts them in the long run.

What happens if the market is on the decline?  What do Buyers think when a home has been up For Sale for more than 1 month, or more than 3 months, or more than 6 months?  And how many Buyers do you think will even look at your home if it is over-priced and if there are other comparable homes in the area at much better prices?

If you are a Home Seller who wants to set your price higher than everything else that is currently For Sale, you could find yourself chasing current market prices all the way down, as this Home Owner seems to be doing.

 But by staying away from being the highest priced home in your area for your size and condition, you will be inviting all potential Buyers to come and see your home while out looking at all other homes in your area! 

Your Real Estate Agent should be able to help you in this area ... and you should listen to their advice. By looking at the comps together, you will see how long houses have been up For Sale and if they sold at their asking price, if they sold at over their asking price, or if they sold at under their asking price.

Listen to the data of the comps and know that most Real Estate Agents aren't out to hurt your pocket book, they are simply trying to do their jobs ... which is get your home SOLD,  quickly! And most agents will give you sound advice about pricing your home correctly, right from the start!

If you are in Santa Clarita, or a nearby surrounding area, feel free to call me for a free, no obligation consultation on what your home could sell for.  By setting your home price correctly from the very start, and by allowing me to advertise your home through my many blogs and marketing campaigns, we are sure to get your home SOLD ... quickly!

Price your home correctly from the very start ... it is the smartest marketing move around!

 Contact
LeeAnn Bell today at 661-309-2364
or email me at LeeAnnRealtor@yahoo.com 


Below is what one client had to say about working with me:
“What a pleasure to work with you! You really seem to care and you listened to what is important to me. Thank you for not trying to “sell” me anything but for being my adviser!”
- Ron 
CalBRE License #01260650
_____ 

  (c) 2010  -  LeeAnn Bell
Revised 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Comments Welcome or you may email me privately at: LeeAnnRealtor@yahoo.com